What Are The Types Of Routers?
Routers are the device and the gateways of networks responsible for keeping data flowing between networks and for keeping networks connected to the Internet. Know about the different types of routers in computer networking technologies.
Types of Router:
- Wired router.
- Wireless router.
- Core router and edge router.
- Virtual router.
Wired routers are box-shaped devices that connect directly to computers through cables or wired connections.
- One connection port of the wired router used to connect modem for receiving internet data packs, while another set of ports allows a wired router to connect to computers for distributing internet data packets.
- Example of the wired router is the Ethernet broadband router; these routers support network address translation (NAT) technology which allows multiple computers to connect in a wired router to share a single Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Wired routers use (SPI) firewalls while providing communication between computers within a network for the security purpose.
- Like the wired network, wireless router connects directly to a modem through a cable for receiving Internet data packets.
- However, instead of carrying data through cables to computers, wireless routers distribute data packets using one or more antennae.
- It carries binary code data packets or series of 1s and 0s which converted into radio signals and the antennae broadcast wirelessly.
- Computer with a wireless receiver can then receive these radio signals and convert them back into binary code. Unlike a wired router because it establishes a wired local area network (LAN), a wireless router establishes a wireless local area network (Wi-Fi).
- To protect the WLAN, wireless routers commonly engage wireless media access control (MAC) address filtering and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) security.
- Virtual router is acts as a default router for computers sharing a network not like wireless router.
- The router functions using the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), which becomes active when a primary, physical router fails or otherwise becomes disabled.
Core Routers and Edge Routers:
- Core router is a wired or wireless router that distributes internet data packets within a network, unlike wired or wireless distributes data packets between multiple networks.
- In contrast, edge router is a wired or wireless router which distributes Internet data packets between one or more networks but does not distribute data packets within a network.
- we are providing the best IT infrastructure service to start your business.Enquire us for further details
Mobile:+91 9845058595, Mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org